Search this Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Latest Toy

My latest toy is Endomondo, on my Blackberry.


I turn it on when I start running, and it keeps track of my route and times.  On this screen shot below, I was running for 1 Hour 27 Minutes, covering 8 miles.  The Speed Min/Mile is a little goofed up, for some reason because of how I took the screen shot, but it does work.  A nice mechanical sounding lady talks through the speaker and says "Last mile in eleven minutes, forty seven seconds."


At the end, the information about the run is saved on my Black Berry, and also uploaded to the Endomondo web site.  The dates are in European format: dd/mm/yyyy.


The web site shows the route I ran and other info about the run. 


I'm still trying to figure out how to read this speed and elevation chart.  I think the light gray mountain is the elevation and/or the steepness of the grade.  The white line would be my speed.  I guess I'm a slow climber.


The web site records my runs.


And creates a nice little profile.


My only problem is that Endomondo makes my BlackBerry battery life even worse that it is normally.  An hour run burns nearly half the battery.

3 comments:

Don Jacobs said...

What a decent toy!!! So GPS has come to this. Marvelous. Now we only need to have the password to the contraption to see how you are doing. Looks like you have been mighty active. Keep it up.

paevjacobs@gmail.com said...

Nice Headlamp.

joelUnplugged said...

That's crazy awesome! ...I might just have to see if there's a similar app for my toy.