Search this Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Current reading

Here are two books I am currently reading.  I was well in to First Peoples in a New World, which I received as a gift from Mark and Elizabeth, when my Dad dropped off his new book, As the Wind Blows.  I'm about halfway through each book.

The books are different, but the same.  They both deal with interesting ideas and hypotheses about immigrants to the New World.

I recommend them both.  Dad's book is fast paces and tightly written.  Sort of Hemingwayesq, when Hemingway was any good.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Never heard dad compared to Hemingway before! Thanks for sharing your reads. --jane

Don Jacobs said...

Alan, I am super pleased that you are clawing your way through my As the Wind. This is a new genre for me - so I did try to keep it crisp and iconic, not greatly detailed. I always liked the sparseness of Hemingway so chuckled when I read your comment. Thanks so much for reading my stuff, fact and fancy.

Say, when all in your household are finished with the early pop on our continent, I would surely like to read it.

You are a perceptive person, that is for sure so thanks for sharing.

love

dad