Search this Blog

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Olympus 850SW - RIP

My trusty little Olympus 850SW finally bit the dust.  Or the seawater, actually.  I took it snorkeling in Aruba, and I guess that was one too many times in the water.

 

It still boots up, but it always comes to the setup, which never saves.
 

And then there is an error about the door being open, but that goes away in a few seconds.
 

The top left corner of the view finder and photos is all washed out.
 

Here are the photos taken on the camera's final day.


Heading in to the ocean.





This is probably the last photo before the water damage.  It was a good little camera.  While snorkeling, I'm pretty sure I saw a barracuda.


I own all the cable, two memory cards, a little case with pockets a battery charger and a handful of extra batteries, so if anyone wants the entire set-up, it's yours.

You can see the damage in the lens.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: