Search this Blog

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Sycamore tree

I have some friends and family who are the most beautiful people in the world.  I am enthralled in their presence, and just can't stop watching them.  But in photographs, some of these people look boring or contorted.  They are just NOT photogenic.

Sycamore trees are the same way for me - they are the most beautiful tree in person, but in my photos they generally look uninteresting and boring. I have tried for years to capture them, but with 100% failure.

However, this week I lucked upon this sycamore in the snow and the neighborhood light.  It caught what I see in the sycamore tree, but in a totally unexpected way.

My photos are sights I've been lucky to find, not scenes I've created.

I'm very happy with finally recording a sycamore the way I see it.



No comments: