Search this Blog

Monday, March 06, 2017

uganda prep 3

My big fears with this trip t Uganda are twofold:

1. I might be doing crowd control in the lines for optical, where people come to get glasses. I have been told that little kids come because their parents send them, with instructions to return with something they can sell. Evidently these titchies are resourceful, and circle around and try to return again, answering the questions correctly the second time, and get glasses to take home. I worry that I'll need to turn them away. If they don't get anything, their parents will be angry.

2. Returning from Colombia I got claustrophobia during dis-embarking. It was a real panicky feeling where I wanted to leap on top of the people waiting to get out, and swim my way to the door.  I worry about that.

No comments: