Search this Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Email to Katie True. Howling into the wind!

Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: Healthcare

Ms. True:
I see the State House Republicans announced a Health Plan called "A Real Prescription for Pennsylvania."
I wanted to voice my opinion against this plan, as well as against the governor's plan.
As a business owner who buys insurance for several hundred lives, I can't see how these plans that work within the current system can help. We need some sort of single payer system that removes the bloated bureaucracy and waste. If our current system had been set up and run by the government, it would long ago have been dismantled and everyone fired because it's so inefficient and filled with disincentives to actually provide health care.
As a simple example, I pay Health Insurance, Workers Comp, and Auto insurance. There have been several times when these three companies have fought with each other over certain claims, and I end up paying for that through increased fees to both companies. My employees suffer because no one pays the bill.
I try to do the right thing and cover 200 of my 700 employees, but I do business against competitors who don't insure their employees. When their employees get medical care, the providers pass on the cost to insured patients, like my employees.
Please take a serious look at single payer as a solution to this mess for business owners.
Alan R. Jacobs
715 Southview Drive
Landisville, PA 17538
_______________
Alan R. Jacobs
President
Isaac's Deli, Inc
354 North Prince Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
VOICE (717) 394-0623 ext 24
FAX (717) 393-0955
MOBILE (717) 572-2466
www.isaacsdeli.com

No comments: