Search this Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Run to Ironville Community Park

Last night we had tremendous thunderstorms rumble through Lancaster, so the world was wet and refreshed with fixed nitrogen this morning. I went on a long run that I have bean yearning to do for about five years. When I started out, it was still stormy and raining, but by half way through, it stopped raining and was just warm and intensely humid. There were puddles, rushing water and overflowing gutters everywhere.

I went out Nolt to Prospect, and up to Ironville Community Park, then back down the other side on Ironville Pike to Marietta to Ivy Drive and Snapper Dam. Loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

This is the communications tower at Ironville Community Park that is visible several miles away on Nolt Road. It's the destination at the summit!


This is the plaque in the park.
This is a view from the top, overlooking the storm drenched Lancaster County countryside.The sign at the entrance to the park on Ironville hill.
I just wish I had a better camera than my cell phone for these photos.

Here's a corn photo I took on my way back because I was thinking about my Isaac's corn chowder blog. 7/30/2007
I checked out the mileage on this run, and it's only about 8 1/2 miles. It felt much longer!

No comments: