Search this Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2008

More History

See the black rubber watch that I'm wearing? I found it in a drawer the other day, and took it to Mandy at Radio Shack, and she replaced the battery. It worked! I bought a band, and now I wear it! I think it's an original Timex Ironman. Actually, probably a 2nd generation. It's the first design that had a good functional form factor with the way the buttons were protected from accidental movement during sports.

OK, so the little guy on the left is is moving to Manhattan this summer, and getting an apartment all by himself. He has a real job, and everything. The little guy is an original, as well. No improvements were needed for his design.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan, this is GREAT fun going down a bit of memory lane with you! And pole for the house stuff. And you have a birthday just around the corner!! Love you, jane

paevjacobs@gmail.com said...

is that vine st.?

paul

Jeff said...

Cute pic! I didn't know Von was off to NYC. Changing jobs, or just transferring?

-Jeff

jess said...

you were awesome looking...not that you aren't now but that is a great pic