Search this Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

26 and still going strong!

WHOOPS! See Sharon's correction to my math, down in the comments!!

26 years ago, on Superbowl Sunday, Jan 25, Sharon and I were married!

For many years, like most things in our lives, Sharon and I had a lively debate about whether our anniversary is actually January 25, or Super Bowl Sunday.

Then, during that fateful season of 2001, the NFL suspended the season for one week, and moved the Super Bowl from the last Sunday in January to the first Sunday in February. The move became permanent.

So, Sharon and I now celebrate both dates, and the days in between! We have Anniversary week!

Here's our photo from wedding day.

This was the cover of our program for the wedding. It's a contour line drawing I did of Sharon.
This was the inside of the program.

This was the back of the program - a drawing Sharon did of me!

Posted with love!

I am looking forward to 26 more years! I love you, Sharon Rose.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Aren't you Sweet! Our public ceremony was on 1/25/1987. That was 22 years ago, not 26. However, this is the fun part of our wedding/marriage/vows.... we never can remember the number of years we've been together. We met on the school bus. We ate lunch together at the misfit table at LMH. Our first kiss was in the reference section of the Lancaster County Library. I was 16 and he was about to turn 17. We broke up after 9 months of dating, but we never let go of each other. He's been my best friend since 1983. He is a great dad. Life is so much better because I have him in my life! - Sharon Rose

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaawwwwwww. You guys are so special and such a great example of a solid well worked at marriage. Happy Anniversary. Your admiring sister, jane

Zel said...

No way! I never heard that story before. And i've never seen that artwork. That's terrific!

Heather who? said...

Happy Anniversary! Just to add harmony to your math, you have been best friends for 26 years. You guys are wonderful together!

Jeff and I are celebrating our 1st date anniversary today. It will be 19 years. Of course, I always forget every year until Jeff walks in with some flowers. Doh.