Search this Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

Isaac's News

I have an update on my job at Isaac's. We have reorganized our leadership, and starting in February, I will be stepping down from being President, and taking on the role of Senior Manager of Information Technology and Administration. Phil Wenger is taking over as President and CEO. There are five of us who will have the "Senior Manager" title, all working directly for Phil.

This is a big change for me, but it's a change I eagerly anticipate. The company will be much better served with this arrangement because it matches the skills of each of us to the needs and opportunities presented in the company.

On a personal level, I couldn't be more happy. I am a team player and collaborator, and this new job gets me smack dab in the middle of the people and projects that I enjoy.

I regret that I wasn't a better President for the company, but while I was in the job, nine days out of ten I didn't enjoy what I had to do. So I'm happy to move on! Some people are born for that challenge, but not me.

I like my job again, and that feels REAL GOOD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Alan!!! I'm sure you are selling yourself short on your perfomance as CEO, but that's expected! I'm grateful along with you that you can now finally be doing a job you can enjoy and be energized by. love, jane

Heather who? said...

I'm really happy for you Alan. I hope this will give you the freedom for pursuits that are meaningful to you. And like Jane said, you don't give yourself enough credit. You do a wonderful job at just about everything. Enjoy!