Search this Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

My watches

These are all my watches. 

From Left to right

1.  The left watch is my newest addition.  It's a quartz watch I bought for a dollar from Marion Joyce.  She found it in her late husband's stuff, not running and sans band.  I wear it to the North Museum so I can tell the kids there is a quartz crystal inside vibrating to keep time.

2.  The white and black Ironman was my second Ironman.  When I saw it, I really wanted it, but the $30 was a real stretch at the time, and it seemed like an extravagance  because I still had my original Ironman (next).  It's probably 15-20 years old.

3.  The black watch is my original Ironman.  It's been through several batteries and many bands.  The front buttons are a little sticky.  Could it be 20 or 30 years old?  It was my first real watch.  Annisa wore it for a few weeks last year when she broke or lost her own black rubber watch.

4.  The watch on the right has a face that lights up when you push the button.  Unfortunately, the date always goes to the 31st, so in months with 30 days I need to advance the date.  But sometimes I get the AM and PM wrong, and it rolls over to a new day at noon.  It's such a frustrating problem, I seldom wear the watch.  It's 10-15 years old, I would guess.

Thanks for reading.  You are free to resume your normal productive activities.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post reminded me of Andy Rooney -- he could have written it. It's so cool that you still have all those watches. --jane