Search this Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Camera Phones part 3

To review: my Mototola Photon Q phone has a very nice native phone app. I downloaded the Silent Camera app, which is like a different camera. Then I downloaded Fotor to edit pictures, and I discovered it has a pretty nice integrated camera That's a little different from the other two. Which got me thinking about the cameras in my other apps. Instagram has one, of course, and Facebook does too. They are both simple. Here is Instagram's camera.
Twitter, Tumbler and blogger all have camera buttons, but they seem to use the native camera. The advantage to using the native camera from one of these apps is that the photo immediately appears in the app where it was opened. For example, if you start a new post in Tumblr, and take a photo, it immediately goes in to your post. No need to take the photo, the share it in to Tumbler or start Tumbler and import it in. In summary, don't get too caught up using your native camera as the only camera in your phone. It depends what features you need, and where you want your picture to end up. You have lots of options.

No comments: