Search this Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rotary Induction

This morning I enjoyed the experience of joining the Lancaster Hempfield Rotary. I am the guy on the left. The guy in the middle is Ed Bednar, also an inductee. He recently moved here with his wife, so I think he is just transferring his membership to this club. The guy out of the photo on the right is Bill Haynes, the friend who sponsored me.

This is a small club with about 45 members. My dad was a member 20 years ago when it was a dinner club meeting in Four Seasons.

Now it's a breakfast club, and everyone starts getting restless about 8:15am, and then they start sneaking out a few minutes later if the speaker runs long.

I look forward to being a Rotarian. We foster the ideal of service, high ethical standards, and the advancement of goodwill and peace throughout the world. We use the Four way test for the things we think, say or do:

1. Is it the Truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?

Service above self. It's what the world needs.

No comments: