Search this Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Last Flight of the Purple Van

We said "bon voyage" to our purple van today.  We didn't want to put another $3,000 in to the transmission.  The salvage guy unceremoniously raised the front end and cut out the Catalytic Converter out with his saws-all.  He gave me the price he quoted and took it away.  That was that.

The purple Van was a good car for us over the years.

I was a little sad to see it hauled away, be then I remembered that it broke down every 2 months, and frequently the electronics would turn off and the dashboard would go dead while we were driving down the highway.  Very disconcerting.

I've seen this Van on the back of a flat bed hauler more times than I like to remember.  This was the last time, but this time it was heading to that great metal smelter in the sky.  Or a Lititz salvage yard, according to the hauler guy.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Purple Van. --jane